Ergonomics in the Trenches: Office Ergonomics- Live Seminar
Date: 03/03/18- 03/03/18
Location/Facility: Return to Work
City/State: Seattle (Lynnwood), WA
Subject: Ergonomics & Industrial Rehabilitation
Seminar Sponsor: Professional Therapies NW
Phone Number: (888) 365-1760
Contact Email: email@example.com
Website/Register: Click Here
This is a practical course designed to add an ergonomics piece to your current clinical tools that you can use in the clinic or out in the workplace.
Some of the things that will be covered in the course include:
- Ergonomic evaluations – How is this different from a “normal” physical/occupational therapy evaluation of a patient? What tools are out there for evaluating office ergonomics? What can you do in the clinic?
- Ergonomic equipment – How do you know what to recommend to patients/clients? Where do you go to find out? What should you “stock” in your clinic?
- Communicating with employers – How might an “ergonomic” report to an employer be different from your clinical notes to a physician? What is your role as a therapist in asking for an on-site ergonomic evaluation?
- The Bottom Line – How might ergonomics add to your clinic’s revenue? How feasible is it to go out to the workplace? What credentials do you need for this?
Goals and Objectives:
- Understand where ergonomics fits into the spectrum of patient/client care
- Cite at least 3 research articles that support the claim that ergonomic intervention can reduce the incidence of work-related musculoskeletal disorders
- Conduct an ergonomic assessment of an office workstation
- Discuss the pros and cons of various pieces of ergonomic equipment
- Refer to relevant resources for equipment and measurement tools
Contact Hours: 7
Who should attend?: This course is appropriate for occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, and other healthcare professionals with all levels of experience.
Registration Fee: $199 prior to February 24, 2018/$225 on or after February 25, 2018
Click here for Online Registration:
Paper Registration: Registration Form Office Ergonomics March 3 2018 Lynnwood WA
Click here for more Ergonomic CE options.