Evaluation and Treatment of the TMD Patient Utilizing a Physical Therapy/Dental Coordinated Approach: A Clinical and Evidence-Based Program- Live Seminar
Date: 10/27/18- 10/28/18
Location/Facility: Hampton Inn Northgate
City/State: Seattle, WA
Seminar Sponsor: Professional Therapies NW
Phone Number: 888-365-1760
Contact Email: email@example.com
Website/Register: Click Here
Evaluation and Treatment of the TMD Patient Utilizing a Physical Therapy/Dental Coordinated Approach” is a 2-day lecture and lab-based course developed by Mr. Esser. This course presents the fundamental principles underlying the most common temporomandibular joint dysfunctions and the relationships between occlusion, the TMJ, the cranium, and the upper cervical spine. The course provides an algorithmic approach (LPTMJ format) for evaluation of the TMJ and upper cervical area. Accurate evaluation is key to appropriate treatment planning for this complex patient population, incorporating both physical therapy and dentistry. Treatment techniques presented will include manual therapy for the TMJ and upper cervical area, TMJ splinting, and therapeutic exercise for the TMJ and upper cervical area.
- Understand the basic anatomy and function of the temporomandibular joint and upper cervical area and their role in temporomandibular symptomology.
- Properly evaluate the head and neck for primary TMD causative factors and determinants for using a team approach to care.
- Be able to classify TMJ dysfunction into the appropriate classification system to assist in treatment planning.
- Appreciate the role dentistry and physical therapy play in the care of patients with TMD.
- Implement a coordinated treatment plan incorporating dental and physical therapy concepts to achieve optimal outcome for the TMD patient.
Who should attend?: This 2 day course is appropriate for Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Chiropractors, Physical Therapists, and Physical Therapy Assistants. All levels of experience are welcome. We are an approved CE provider by the WA and OR State Licensing Board for Dentists/Dental Hygienists and PT/PTA’s.
Download Paper form to fax or mail: Registration Form TMD Oct 27-28 2018 Seattle WA
Click here for more Continuing Education options.