Evidence-Based Physical Agents: Application and Practice- Live Seminar
Date: 11/10/18- 11/11/18
Time: + 11/17, 2018 (3 day course)
City/State: West Orange, NJ
Subject: Assorted Topics
Seminar Sponsor: Rehab Education, LLC
Phone Number: (845) 368-2458
Contact Email: Info@RehabEd.com
Website/Register: Click Here
This 30 hour course is an evidence-based presentation focusing on the clinical application of physical agents and modalities. Participants will have the opportunity to learn through lecture, case-based discussions and hands-on lab experiences.
The application of ultrasound, diathermy, laser and electrical stimulation will be discussed and practiced – based on current trends, expected tissue response, clinical goals and the current literature studies. This will be an active learning environment and participants will be encouraged to participate in discussions and come dressed for the lab applications.
This course will provide instruction on the:
- Principles of physics related to specific properties of light, temperature, sound and electricity.
- Physiological, neurophysiological and electrophysiological changes as indicated, which occur as a result of modality application.
- Normal and abnormal tissue response to the application of each modality.
- Application, indications, contraindications, safety rules and precautions related to the selection and application of ultrasound, diathermy, laser and electrical stimulation.
- Guidelines for educating clients, including instructing about the process and possible outcomes of treatment, including the risks and benefits related to the application of ultrasound, diathermy, laser and electrical stimulation.
- Methods of documenting the effectiveness of the immediate and long-term effects of treatment.
- Characteristics of the equipment, including safe operation, adjustment and care of the equipment.
Click here for more RehabEd and other OT and PT CE courses.
- Nov 10 - Nov 11, 2018
& Sat., Nov. 17, 2018.
West Orange, NJ
Registrants have to attend all 3 days.